Dr. Ken Baylor - Research VP at NSS Labs, a world class team of security analysts
Dr. Baylor is widely recognized as a leader in Bank Security, IT Security and Regulatory Compliance. In 2011/2012 his speaking engagements included RSA, Blackhat, ISACA-CACS and FS-ISAC.
- BSc & PhD Science, University of Cork, Ireland;
- MBA University of Texas;
- LLB Wolverton University, England.
Previous Security positions:
- Vice President of Security and Anti-Fraud at Wells Fargo Bank;
- CISO of Nuance's successful Tier I PCI-DSS certification;
- Vice President of IT and Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) at Symantec.
- Bank Security, Antifraud, antimalware, Zeus, Spyeye, botnets, ISO 27001 (ISO 17799);
- Information Security, Privacy, Risk Management, Network Security;
- Contract Negotiation, Business Development, Regulatory knowledge, best practices, strategic alliances;
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and a Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM).
Attend this event and you will learn:
- The International Security Landscape – Where are the greatest threats?
- What is the U. S. Government doing to protect our security? State and Local Government Security Measures;
- Security Threats to Corporations, Education and Individuals;
- Setting up an IT Security Practice; Key Methodologies and Practices;
- How secure are Cloud Services? How to make Cloud Services secure;
- Personal Security: The real threats of Identify Theft; How to Protect Yourself;
- Recommended Security Protection Resources.
This community presentation is jointly sponsored by MC²IT, and the Santa Clara Chamber of Commerce.